Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bridal Makeup - YOU On Your Best Day!

About a mth ago I received a VERY last minute call from a bride about doing her Hair & Makeup for a wedding...when I say last minute I mean LAST MINUTE - called Saturday, wedding Monday! She lived in Montreal but was getting married in Toronto and b/c of some family circumstances her and her fiance had moved the wedding date up a couple of mths.  It was the holiday Monday but I wasn't doing anything special so I of course agreed to the job.

I'm so happy I did b/c the bride Ninat was literally one of the most kind, soft spoken and gentle brides I have EVER met!  Also one of the most naturally gorgeous!  Seriously, I get a little nervous if I haven't had a chance to do a trial on a bride before the wedding but Ninat was so naturally beautiful I literally almost asked her to wash off her makeup when she came in the door b/c I don't think I've EVER seen anyone look so good w/out ANY makeup - I'm VERY JEALOUS lol!

She also had the most gorgeous curly hair and the perfect length!  Not too long as to weight the curls down but just long enough that I could do the most elegant and beautiful side updo that went fabulously w/ her amazing fascinator!

Last week she sent me a couple of pictures from the wedding and I'm thrilled she did b/c literally not only does she look STUNNING but the photographer - Jovan Matic just did an amazing job in capturing her beauty...the pics literally look like they were made for a wedding magazine IMO.  I LOVE them SO MUCH I actually switched the main image on my wedding website homepage...that's HUGE!  I think the pic just works wonderfully w/ the colour scheme of my site and also is a perfect example of the work I try to do as a bridal artist - clean, beautiful and true to the bride and her personality.  I've said it before and I'll say it again my whole philosophy for Bridal Makeup/Hair is - I want you to look like YOU on YOUR BEST DAY!  I don't want to transform a bride into someone she isn't.  It would be awful to me if ppl said to her "Wow, I didn't even recognize you!?!".  I want ppl to think she looks effortlessly beautiful and like I've just enhanced her natural beauty and I feel these new pics of Ninat are a PERFECT example of that!  I hope you do too!





No comments: